Kicking Around Ideas About Classroom Technology at MyClassHQ
Posted by Katie on March 23rd, 2012
YouTube is a bit of an internet staple at this point, and there are so many ways that it can be applied to education. One of the most beneficial aspects for teachers is a recent launch called YouTube for Schools, which has made it exceptionally user-friendly and school appropriate. Similarly, YouTube Teachers has made accessing relevant content to use in your classroom a quick and simple endeavor. Both additions to YouTube make this resource a great option for engaging your students.
There are many great applications for YouTube in the classroom. YouTube Teachers allows you to create and account and a “channel” where you can post videos and playlists (a series of related videos) on a specific topic. You can easily search for videos by level, subject and concept with YoutTube Teachers. This search feature is very efficient in terms of time.
There are also premade YouTube Partner playlists available that are aligned with the Common Core Standards (access them here http://www.youtube.com/user/edupartnerplaylists). YouTube Partners that contribute videos include Kahn Academy, PBS, TED, and Stanford.
* Create a YouTube center in any subject area on any device (iPad, laptops, etc.)
* Insert a YouTube video in a Prezi or SmartBoard Lesson
* Create a YouTube Channel to post playlists
* Use a premade playlist from http://www.youtube.com/user/edupartnerplaylists
* Add your own videos to your YouTube Channel highlighting student work
* Make YouTube interactive by having students complete a video quest
* Use a YouTube clip to introduce or provide closure to a lesson
* Provide a cloze style activity or graphic organizer to be completed while students view
“Flip” your classroom by providing a video for students to view (on a concept or skill at home) so that they can use their time in class applying the skill or practicing the new concept.
Thanks for reading! And definitely comment if you have any thoughts or questions!Follow @MyClassHQ
MyClassHQ is a web engineering company devoted to helping teachers bring technology into the classroom with our easy to use classroom website builder.